In Class 3, we have Miss Gillin as our class teacher. In Class 4, we have Mr Kildear as our class teacher.
We are very lucky to have Mrs Doran and Mrs Graham helping us in our year group.
Keep checking our page for updated information.
We have PE on Monday and Wednesday. Therefore, on Mondays and Wednesdays, please ensure children come to school wearing their PE kits and tracksuits.
Children should bring the following into school:
– a coat (labelled clearly with their name)
– a water bottle (labelled clearly with their name)
As we are focusing on developing the children’s independence and sense of responsibility, please remind your child that they are responsible for looking after their belongings. We thank you for your continued support with this.
In addition to promoting a love of reading and developing fluency, there are 6 key reading skills that we aim to develop by the end of KS1 –
- Drawing on knowledge of vocabulary to understand texts
- Identifying/explaining key aspects of fiction and non-fiction texts, such as characters, events, titles and information
- Identifying and explaining the sequence of events in texts
- Making inferences from the text
- Predicting what might happen on the basis of what has been read so far
- Sharing and explaining their thoughts and opinions on texts.
To develop these skills, we ask children questions about the text that they have read or heard.
Keep checking the website for more information about what you can expect this year and to keep up to date with what is going on in Year 1.
Keeping safe online
Due to the current situation, children will be spending more time online to learn, to play or to keep in touch with friends or family. We want to keep them as safe as possible.
Please click on the link below to access some information about the latest apps such as Zoom and TikTok.
Literacy Planet Website